Sunday, September 20, 2009

Derbyshire Ice-cream


I have been accused of not liking ice-cream. This is not true, I just like good quality ice-cream that is thick, full of natural flavours and is actually made from cream. Nowadays, this is hard to combine and then it's not cheap.


Here's a decent ice-cream I found in Tissington in the Peak District, in a bit of a dark tearoom. It is made on the Chatsworth estate and has a great name. They make the traditional flavours as well as more unusual ones. I had mandarin and ginger and flavour which was creamy, not too sweet and the mandarin worked very well - I think the ginger was a bit too light.


My husband has strawberry which has lovely pieces of real strawberry in and tasted subtle. Nice.


Sorry about the photo, but you get the idea!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine not liking ice cream. Strawberry is my favorite flavor - it sounds like their strawberry is mighty tasty.

    ReplyDelete