Sunday, October 11, 2009

Aubergines





Vegetables are plentiful and cheap here and I am happy to finally buy aubergines again. I didn't in the UK very often because they were expensive. Aubergines are so versatile and because of the porous flesh, are great to marinate. I marinated these slices in a store bought marinade, which was really a waste of time and should have kept to my own concoctions.


Try:


White miso paste, dashi, rice vinegar and spring onions.


Ketchup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey , sesame oil and five spice powder.


Lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and parsley.




I haven't given measurements as I usually just keep adding until I get the taste I want. You can slice the aubergines lengthways and marinate them in larger slices, or cut them small like I did here. Then, either grill, roast or fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment